SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
Recruitment of Director (Library)
Applications are invited from candidates who fulfill the following qualifications and other eligibility conditions as on 1.10.2019 for appointment to the ex-cadre post of Director (Library) for the Supreme Court in Level 13 of the Pay Matrix with initial Basic Pay of Rs.1,23,100 plus other allowances as admissible under the rules.
- A degree in Law of a University in India recognized by the Bar Council of India or by any State Bar Council for enrolment as an Advocate.
- Master's Degree in Library Science of a recognized University.
- Diploma in Computer Application recognized by AICTE/DOEACC or equivalent or Library Automation Course conducted by National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources.
- Knowledge of computer operation. It includes -
- Knowledge and experience of working with any standard "Library Automation Software" for House keeping activities in the library such as cataloging, acquisition and circulation etc.,
- Knowledge and experience of computerized search both of on-line and off-line databases including of retrieval of desired information through various search engines/processes and
- Knowledge and experience of any software for developing In-House databases for documentation work.
Specialized knowledge in:
- Conducting research work regarding legal matters,
- Documentation work,
- Preparing of bibliography of cases,
- Examination and dissemination of legal articles published in various law journals.
Minimum 4 years experience as Chief Librarian or in an equivalent post ( in Level 12 of the Pay Matrix) in any prestigious library preferably Law Library;
Minimum 7 years composite experience with atleast 2 years experience as Chief Librarian or in an equivalent post (in Level 12 of the Pay Matrix) and as Librarian (in Level 11 of the Pay Matrix) or in an equivalent post in any prestigious Library preferably a Law Library.
Candidates should not be less than.40 years of age as on 1.10.2019 General Information
Candidates who fulfill the prescribed qualifications, experience, age requirement and other eligibility conditions as on 1.10.2019 should apply giving full particulars including date of birth, educational qualifications, specialized knowledge and experience (as per proforma enclosed) supported by self-attested copies of all the relevant certificates and a passport size photograph. Candidates already in service should submit their application through proper channel only.
The suitability of the candidates will be determined on the basis of their performance in Computer Test and Interview.
The Registry reserves its right to short-list applicants in any manner as may be considered appropriate with the approval of Competent Authority. The Registry also reserves its right to modify, alter or change the method of selection at any point of time to suit its requirement.
The eligible candidates will have to appear for a Computer Test followed by an Interview before the Interview Board. No TA/DA will be payable to the candidates for appearing in the Computer Test and Interview.
The applications should reach the Registrar (Recruitment Cell), Supreme Court of India, Tilak Marg, New Delhi -110001 latest by 5.00 P.M. on 20.11.2019. The Registry will not be responsible for any postal loss or delay. Applications received after due date will not be entertained.