(University of Delhi)
Post Librarian (deputation)
No. of post 01
Pay PB-3 Rs.15600 + 39100 + 6000 (AGP) pre-revised
Age Limit 56 years Max.
Qualification and Experience:
1. A Master's Degree in Library Science & Information Science/ Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and a consistently good academic record with knowledge of computerization/ digitalization of library.
2. Qualifying in the National Eligibility Test conducted for the purpose by the UGC or any other agency approved by the UGC.
3. Candidates who are or have been awarded Ph.D degree in accordance with the "University Grants Commission (Minimum standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/ SLET/ SET for recruitment and appointment of University Librarian/ College Librarian subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
a) The Ph.D degree of the candidate has been awarded in the regular mode
b) The Ph.D thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) Open Ph.D viva voice of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The candidate has published two research papers form his/ her Ph.D work out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/ her Ph.d work in conferences/ seminars sponsored/ funded/ supported by the UGC/ ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
PG Diploma in Library Automation and Networking or equivalent.
Officer under the Central/ State Govt, PSU, Statutory/ Autonomous Bodies/ University/ College/ Institution or
i) Holding analogous post or
ii) With 3 years service in the pay band of Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay 4600 or 5 years experience in the grade pay of Rs.4200/-or equivalent; and
iii) At least 7 years experience in Library works in a reputed educational institute.
How to apply
1. The candidates are required to submit the self-attested certificates of educational qualification, experience and other certificates alongwith the application form.
2. The following documents are to be enclosed alongwith the application form:
(i) A no-objection certificate to the effect that the concerned forwarding authority has no objection to the appointment of the applicant to the post applied.
(ii) Details of penalties, if any, imposed on the applicant during the last five years.
(iii) Integrity Certificate
(iv) Vigilance clearance in respect of the applicant duly signed by an officer of an appropriate level alongwith certified copies of AC Rs/ AP Rs for the last 5 years. Postal Address :
The Principal, Lakshmibai College Delhi
last date 11/02/2020