THE WEST BENGAL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF JURIDICAL SCIENCES
DR. AMBEDKAR BHAVAN 12, LB BLOCK SECTOR-III SALT LAKE CITY KOLKATA-700098
Post Information Officer
No of post 01, UR
Scale of Pay Level 10 (Rs. 57,700/-)
- A Master's Degree in Library Science, Information Science or Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree, with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point —scale, wherever the grading system is followed)
- A consistently good academic record, with knowledge of computerization of a library.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016. Provided that the candidates registered for the Ph.D. degree prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then-existing Ordinances / Bye-laws / Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree, and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges / Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in the regular mode
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored /funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/ffSIR or any similar agency.
How to apply
The prescribed qualifications with a detailed advertisement provided below and application forms available can be downloaded from the University website www.nujs.edu. The complete application forms with the prescribed application fee of Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1500/- for SC/ST/PWD) by way of Dd) in favor of "WBNUJS" payable it Kolkata addressed to the Registrar, should be sent or may be submitted in person at The West Bengal National University Juridical Sciences, Dr. Ambedkar Bhavan, 12 LB Block, Sector-III, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700106 latest by 5 p.m. on 31st August 2020.