Satyawati College (Evening)
(University of Delhi)
Ashok Vihar, Phase-III, Delhi-110052
Phone No: 011-27213402
College Website: www.satyawatievedu.ac.in
Advt. No. SCE/NT/07-2021
Online applications are invited from the eligible candidates for appointment to the following permanent posts:
- Name of the Posts Librarian
- No of post 01 UR
- Pay level level 10
- (i) A Master's Degree in Library Science, Information Science or Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed)
- (ii) A consistently good academic record, with knowledge of computerization of a Library.
- (iii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the “University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be:
Provided that the, candidates registered for the Ph.D. Degree prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then-existing Ordinances / Bye-laws / Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree, and such Ph.D., candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of the NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in University/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:
- (a) The Ph.D degree of the candidate has been awarded in the regular mode.
- (b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- (c) Open Ph.D viva voice of the candidate has been conducted;
- (d) The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D work out of which at least one is in a referred journal.
- (e) The candidates has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conference/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or nay similar agency.
- The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affair) of the University Concerned.
- NET/SLET/SET shall not be required for candidates in such Master’s Programmes for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
How to apply
- Posts will be filled as per the Recruitment Rules of the University of Delhi. The qualifications and other service conditions shall be such as prescribed by the University of Delhi from time to time.
- The last date for submission of online application will be 21. 08.2021 midnight or three weeks from the date of publication of the advertisement in Employment News.