Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Staff Selection Commission
ADVERTISEMENT NO. Phase-IX/2021/Selection Post
Candidates will have to apply for each category of post separately and also pay fee for each category of post.
Karnataka Kerala Region
- Department CENTRAL ADMINISTRATIVE TRIBUNAL, BANGALORE
- Post Code KK10821
- Post Name Library Information Assistant
- Total No of Post 01 UR
- Pay Scale Pay level : 6
- Age limit 18-30 years (age relaxation as per rules)
(i) A Bachelor Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognized University or Institute.
(ii)) Two years’ professional experience in a Library under the Central or State Government or autonomous or statutory organization or Public Sector Undertaking or University or recognized Research and Education Institution.
Note 1: Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Central Government in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified for reasons to be recorded.
Job Requirement/ Duties of the Post
1. To supervise & co-ordinate the work of Library. 2. To develop programme of Library management for improving the efficiency of the library. 3. Enter update patrons records in computer, compile records, sort and shelve books. To provide important books/information when required in court. 4. Sort books’ publication and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files or other designated storage areas. 5. Process new materials including books and computer software. 6. Maintain record of items received, stored issued & returned & flag catalog cards according to system. 7. Maintain of collection of books periodical magazines, newspapers other materials.
How to apply
- Candidates will have to apply for each category of post separately and also pay fee for each category of post.
- Applications must be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in . For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-IV and Annexure-V of this Notice.
- Last date for submission of online applications is 25-10-2021 (23.30 PM).
- Dates for submission of online applications: 24-09-2021 to 25-10-2021
- Last date for receipt of application: 25-10-2021 (up to 23.30 PM)
- Last date for making online fee payment: 28-10-2021 (23.30 PM)
- Last date for generation of offline Challan: 28-10-2021 (23.30 PM)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 01-11-2021
- Dates of Computer Based Examination: January/February 2022